Friday, 26 March 2010

"Never mind about football; I'm going to throw that tree!"

Scottish people have always fascinated me (not as much as the Welsh, but that's a different story). The Scots are hardy, defensive and patriotic. They are fiercely loyal to their country, and, in my experience, are not large fans of the English. They are generally fantastic examples of how us English used to be.

Another thing that strikes me about the Scottish; they don't give a sh*t about what people think of them. Any country that can take tossing the caber as their national game...And yet, they won't play cricket 'cause it's a waste of wood. I'm not disrespecting them (!), don't get me wrong; they are immensely skilled. Personally, I would not want to meet a kilted athlete down a dark alley. And I definitely wouldn't want to meet a pissed one.

I think that Scottish people get a fair bit of stick, especially on programmes like Mock the Week, but I don't really understand why. But I won't take the piss out of them, well, not much, anyway. Personally, I admire them. They get the worst weather of all four countries in the United Kingdom (even worse that Wales), and they don't say a word! Their winter is the worst - ten foot o' snow, terrential rain, and freezing temparatures. They get about two days of sunshine throughout the entire year! And not a word of complaint. Absolutely amazing. But here in England, things are never right. We complain that it is too hot, then moan when there's showers! We can't win!

And people who eat something that resembles a lump of excrement have got to be skilled, or just odd. I'll punt for 'skilled'. I can't a-bear meat, so I guess I am biased, but I'm sorry, haggis is just foul.

And all these thoughts because of a young comedian... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment