Sunday, 7 March 2010

First Post

There is something somewhat theraputic about bringing all my rants and general musings onto the internet - can't explain it though. Strange, isn't it? Even stranger for me; you'll find, the more posts of mine you read, that I am not usually at a loss to explain how I feel, and yeah, maybe that will annoy some of you, but, hey, if you don't want to read what I write, then it's your loss :). You'll learn a lot about me from what I write, and no doubt you will think I am either mental or just exceedingly odd, and somewhat inhuman - t'is what most of my friends say.

I was sitting outside today, in the sun, which was most unenjoyable (I have an immense dislike of it), and I just got thinking. What would happen if this horribly warm, sunny Sunday afternoon was suddenly disrupted by somekind of worldly devistation, like "Cell" (Stephen King - I recommend it highly). I thought of what would happen with the people, and who I would try and save. It didn't end well in my head. I gave up quickly on the train of thought before it could terrify me, and went in search of my guitar. I began strumming absently, and realised that I had been playing "Last Time" (Secondhand Serenade - again, a high recommendation), and the lyrics made me think again. What if the world was to end, and I never had a chance to tell people how I felt. Bloody 'what if's. So I stopped that too. Having abandoned the outside world, I retreated to my room and decided to write. I am quite an accomplished writer, and I've written a fair few stories. As I wrote, and read through my creation, it scared me how much my musings had wormed their way into my storyline. Creepy.

1 comment: