It is curious, the distinctly teenage tendency to cling to another.
Judge is throwing a "Leavers' Ball" for us Year 11s when we leave, and presently, everyone is panicking about taking someone. Personally, I do not conform to this idea that one must have a date for prom ('cause let's not beat about the bush: that's what it will be), but it does fascinate me, this sudden intense panic.
I would not wholly like to turn up alone, but also would not like to have to subject myself to having to put up with someone whom I dislike just to not have to be considered a hopeless case by the rest.
If I had my way, I wouldn't be going at all, but after a threat that my best friend would handcuff me to a boy and force me to go if I declined, I am inclined to go on my own terms.
And I shall be wearing a dress. I know, shock horror. I shall make a concerted effort to look vaguely feminine, but the likelihood is that I shall not feel at all at ease in these circumstances.
However, I am looking forward to it, and not only because it makes the final end of my five long (and scarily short) years at Judgemeadow Community College. I shall be looking forward to it because I can exercise my pleasure of people-watching and I hope that it shall give me some writing inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment