I do not often see my mother cry, but when I do it's heart-breaking. Knowing that I am powerless to help, and can only stand by and watch is one of the worst feelings I have ever felt.
Today is the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America, when two Islamic extremist planes crashed into the World Trade Centre, killing hundreds if not thousands of people. The day, then, did not bode well from the beginning.
And today is also the day when my sister and her fiance broke up. Now, compared to the above statement, I'm sure such an occurance would seem minor, but when it is happening to you and those who you care most about, believe me, it seems like the biggest thing in the world.
I shall not go into the details, as recalling them will either make me too angry or too upset. I will however, say this:
When I get my hands on him, he is going to get a slap, a lecture, and a question.
(To end on a high, as I do not particularly want to retire on a low, I shall share this: the funny moment when your dad mocks you for being scared of a spider...until it goes for him, and he screams even higher than you did.)
No comments:
Post a Comment